The blog has been shifted to The Last Word. Kindly update your bookmarks! Thank You! :)
Saturday, September 24, 2005
Raindrops Keep Falling On My Bed... Home
Posted at 11:06 AM by Aditya

I saw complaints about the 'Word Verification' that I added a few days back to my comments. Sorry, but there is a valid reason!

A few days back, on one of the posts, I saw a comment that was (very obviously) a program generated comment. Now, as you know, any unwanted program generated mail, comment or anything of that sort, is spam, and that is the last thing I want affecting my blog. Hence, I activated Blogger's new feature.
Its a good way of keeping the comments clean, and meaningful. I really do not have time for useless blabber ;)

Speaking of useless blabber! If you've noticed, I just added a left sidebar which has all the latest comments made by people. So, no more clicking on the links of comments to see who commented about what. Blogger features/hacks, and my knowledge of web-designing, just made life for the viewers of this random blog, that much easier! :)
Also, as nicely pointed out by Neha, my recommendation of Opeth comes well into 6-7 months of me being introduced to this Swedish band by none other than Neha herself! She is the cool rock chick, who enjoys everything rock! Head over to her blog, which happens to named after one of Opeth's songs from My Arms, Your Hearse. I'm sure you'll find her interesting. A click on her name (Aeris) in the comments bar will take you to her profile (just a quick viewing technique).

I have been looking into the beauty of the guitar, and the versatility of the electric guitar (not acoustic). Its amazing how much you can do to it, with it! All you need is a processor (I seriously recommend the Boss GT-6), and you can make it sound like anything you want. For an example, I'll suggest listening to songs by Korn, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai and other popular guitarists. You'll realise the sheer vastness of the capabilities. But don't be fooled. With the vastness, comes great commitments. The guitar is not for the impatient, or the ones who don't respect the instrument. The amount of time and dedication needed to reach even the slightest proficiency, is tremendous. I can tell you, since I have been playing for about a year now. It has taken a lot to be able to play Adrian Smith (Iron Maiden), Mikael Ã…kerfeldt (Opeth), and also Slash (Guns 'N Roses). Constant practice is the only way to go, because the guitar, if not the hardest, is a very hard instrument to play (I'm not saying master). I am sure Akanksha (Nemesis) will be able to elaborate a little on this :) So, I'll leave it here!

Well, enjoy the lovely day. It's raining here! Yes Neha, I hope this continues for more than a day too :)

2 Comments:

noooo!! wheres the chatterbox gone???

By Blogger Aeris, at 9:45 PM, September 24, 2005  

it was a pain... looked aweful! so i removed it. replaced it with this bar. the only inconvenience being you'll have to post comments for them to show up here.

the positive of the whole thing becoming the fact that i won't get any spam on the chatterbox either! :)

sorry!

By Blogger Aditya, at 12:20 PM, September 25, 2005  

Post a Comment